Study in New Zealand
If you are applying to New Zealand to study, you must complete the requirements for the issue of a student visa. You will be given the required forms by the New Zealand Government office (the visa issuing officer) in India or it can be collected from any Mentor Consultancy offices.
Requirements for a student visa will normally include:
- A written offer of a place, which notifies you that you have been accepted by an educational institution in New Zealand to study there.
- A receipt for payment of course fees (You are not required
to produce the receipt before your application has been approved
OREvidence that you are exempt from course fees. For e.g. A New Zealand Government Scholarship.
- A complete and signed ‘Application for Student Visa’ form, with a passport-size photograph. You will be required to pay a non-refundable student visa application fee.
- A guarantee of accommodation - a written assurance from an educational institution or other person that suitable residential accommodation is available to you in New Zealand.
- Evidence that funds are available for your maintenance throughout
your stay. One of the four is acceptable as evidence:
- A completed ‘Sponsoring a student’ form, in which your sponsor gives a financial undertaking that he or she can transfer to New Zealand NZ $7,000 a year : this amount is considered minimum for a year’s living expenses.
- A letter from your educational institution confirming that your living expenses have already been paid for as part of your fees.
- A bank document showing that funds of the required amount will be available to you in New Zealand ($1000 for each month of your stay for short term study, $7000 a year for long term study)
- An award of a full New Zealand scholarship
- Your passport or certificate of identity, which must be valid for the period of time for which you are applying to study.
If you intend studying in New Zealand for more than 24 months, you will need:
- Completed New Zealand Immigration service medical and chest X-ray certificates
- Character clearances, which must be two original character references (if under 17 years of age), or a local police clearance (if you are 17 and over). Please contact our office for further details about Police Clearance certificates.
All these documents are essential before a student visa is issued. When the overseas New Zealand government office is satisfied that your application is complete and in order, you will be issued a student visa.
Courses in New Zealand that are popular among international students.