Study in Australia
If you are intending to study in Australia for longer than three months, you will need a Student (Temporary) Visa. A visa is only granted if you enroll in a registered, full-time course in Australia.
Visa application procedures and requirements can be different for each student, depending on the course you wish to study and the country you come from.
General requirements for a student visa include the following:
- Acceptance into a study program on a full-time basis
- A good academic record
- Credible reasons for undertaking the intended course of study (Statement of Purpose)
- Proof of the genuineness of the information provided
- Financial capacity to meet course and other institution administration fees, living expenses and return airfares
- Good health and character
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) and below.
- A genuine intention to leave Australia at the completion of your approved course of study.
You can be granted a student visa only if you wish to undertake a registered course or part of a registered course on a full-time basis.
A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider who is registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students.
Read about popular courses among Indian and international students.